26.4.17

Review : Alex, approximately


Alex, approximately
by Jenn Bennet
( Goodreads | Book Depository )


Genre : Romance, Young-Adult, Contemporary
Pages : 388
Goodreads Rating : 4.1

The one guy Bailey Rydell can’t stand is actually the boy of her dreams—she just doesn’t know it yet.

Classic movie fan Bailey “Mink” Rydell has spent months crushing on a witty film geek she only knows online as Alex. Two coasts separate the teens until Bailey moves in with her dad, who lives in the same California surfing town as her online crush.

Faced with doubts (what if he’s a creep in real life—or worse?), Bailey doesn’t tell Alex she’s moved to his hometown. Or that she’s landed a job at the local tourist-trap museum. Or that she’s being heckled daily by the irritatingly hot museum security guard, Porter Roth—a.k.a. her new archnemesis. But life is whole lot messier than the movies, especially when Bailey discovers that tricky fine line between hate, love, and whatever it is she’s starting to feel for Porter.

And as the summer months go by, Bailey must choose whether to cling to a dreamy online fantasy in Alex or take a risk on an imperfect reality with Porter. The choice is both simpler and more complicated than she realizes, because Porter Roth is hiding a secret of his own: Porter is Alex…Approximately.
 

First impressions:

Should I read it? Sounds like geekerella dont u think?
But the rating is not bad and the reviews are making me crazy to read this book. I should give it a try. Yes? Mmm yeah because i'm in the mood for romance right now.


After :

I dont know if the summary is suppose to spoil you or not. Although I can figure out how will the story turns out even before finished reading the summary..but the summary REALLY will spoil you if you have never read this kind of story before. And I regret myself after reading the whole summary of the book. So, I suggest dear people for not reading the summary.

Briefly, this story is about Bailey , a film buff who has been messaging with an online friend ( Alex ) in California. Bailey then moves to California without telling Alex and trying to seek him there.But then, she also encounters Roth, who works at the same place as Bailey.  Yeah..you can fill in the details.

This reminds me a lot like Geekerella. It pretty much has the same plot , the same start  of relationship. But, I can say that this book has better and realistic romance development/pace than geekerella. It makes me giggle and punching my pillows like a mad woman. 

I love  both the mcs, and how their smart-ass comments live-up their relationship. I can truly feel and enjoy how both of them start to have feelings and sometimes ,  I even find myself getting nervous and my heart thumping like crazy. So, just saying that I really feel connected to the characters.

Another thing that I like about this book is , there's no complicated confllict that mess up with my mind. I don't have to feel burden or worried about it, which is okay for me because I'm not in the mood for family conflict or anything. Sometimes, I just feel family conflict is annoying ..because members of family should tolerate to each other and dont give your shits to each others,  is what I think. My suggestion is, if you are close and might have problems, try to settle down with your family nicely ( idk, never got in this situation ), and if you arent close, probably you are not really open up with them, so, just keep it to yourself and don't mess up with other family members ( this is what I do ). I mean..lol I dont know..this is what I thought, Im not a family therapist or something.

And where are we again? oh. you must be wondering as why this is a 3 stars rating. I have a problem towards the ending where I find the hero is being such an ass. I kinda feel like he is being someone else or something. Or am I the only one who think like this? 

So, yeah..Alex, approximately is a cool story. I really like it. I recommend it to those who would like to read something light for summer reading.